PODCAST: Covid-19 & Melanesian Instability with Buchanan + Manning + Dr David Robie
- : Multimedia Investments Ltd
- : 13/08/2021
This week’s A View from Afar podcast.
Political scientist Paul Buchanan and publisher/producer Selwyn Manning are joined by Dr David Robie to discuss how Covid-19 has become a trigger of instability in the wider Pacific Region.
Dr David Robie is editor of AsiaPacificReport.nz and a renowned expert on Melanesian and Pacific affairs.
In this, the first of a two-part SPECIAL, we analyse how Covid-19 has been a trigger of instability across the Pacific region.
And specifically, for this episode, we deep dive into instability in Melanesia focusing on:
- Security issues in Papua New Guinea
- Indonesia’s interests in dividing regional groups such as the Melanesian Spearhead Group
- a security crisis that has developed in Fiji, after the recent detention of nine politicians and activists who dared to criticise former military coup leader, Frank Bainimarama’s government.
Buchanan, Manning, and Robie analyse these topics in detail and express concern for Indonesian interference in the Melanesian Spearhead Group and for democracy in the region, especially as Fiji edges toward expected elections in 2022.
- About A View from Afar:
- A View from Afar is able to be re-streamed and re-broadcast. It is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The podcast A View from Afar is produced by 36th Parallel assessments’ Paul G. Buchanan and Multimedia Investments Ltd’s Selwyn Manning.
It was Nominated as a Top Defence Security Podcast by Threat.Technology – a London-based cyber security news publication.
Threat.Technology placed A View from Afar at 9th in its 20 Best Defence Security Podcasts of 2021 category. You can follow A View from Afar via our affiliate syndicators.
You can also see this podcast as video-on-demand, and earlier episodes too, by checking out EveningReport.nz or, subscribe to the Evening Report podcast here.
A View from Afar by Paul G. Buchanan and Selwyn Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://eveningreport.nz/2021/07/29/podcast-buchanan-manning-on-cyber-attacks-and-the-evolution-of-hybrid-warfare/.
- : https://youtu.be/Xck7qIB33Mc
- : https://eveningreport.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/AVFA_August_12_2021.m4a
- : Selwyn Manning
- : Executive Producer of A View from Afar podcast
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 6421611958
- : https://eveningreport.nz/2021/08/12/podcast-covid-19-melanesian-instability-with-buchanan-manning-dr-david-robie/
- https://www.facebook.com/selwyn.manning | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Z9kwrTOD64QIkx32tY8yw | https://twitter.com/Selwyn_Manning | https://www.linkedin.com/in/selwyn-manning-68514746/
Introducing the Ecommerce Accounting Hub by A2X
- : A2X Accounting
- : 10/08/2021
Managing the accounting for an online business can be challenging. Between rapidly changing tax laws, increasing levels of automation and ever increasing complexity, it’s easy to get confused.
Launched today, the Ecommerce Accounting Hub by A2X brings together a comprehensive collection of educational resources that explore almost every aspect of accounting for today’s online businesses.
From the latest trends, research and data, to tried-and-trusted methods, the Ecommerce Accounting Hub provides a one-stop shop of the latest insights, knowledge and advice to help both sellers and their accountants to prosper in this rapidly evolving environment.
The Ecommerce Accounting Hub brings together educational guides on the following topics:
- The fundamentals of ecommerce accounting.
- What you need to know about ecommerce sales tax.
- The most important things to know for successfully accounting for Amazon, Shopify and eBay transactions.
- What accountants need to know to best serve ecommerce sellers.
The hub helps readers to gain a broad understanding of their chosen topic with actionable advice and information they can apply to their businesses straight away.
“Our goal here at A2X is to make ecommerce accounting easy. By creating the Ecommerce Accounting Hub, we hope to help more sellers and their accountants to demystify ecommerce accounting and support their ongoing success.” – Callum Armstrong, Content Manager at A2X.
You can find the Ecommerce Accounting Hub at www.a2xaccounting.com/ecommerce-accounting-hub/
- Multi tasking
- : Callum Armstrong
- : Content Marketing Manager
- : email@example.com
- : 642102671022
- : https://a2xaccounting.com
- https://www.facebook.com/a2xaccounting | https://www.linkedin.com/company/13659980/ | https://twitter.com/a2xaccounting