You’re posting to LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, with maybe a little Snapchat on the side. You’ve got the SEO keywords sorted, the Google adwords paid for. You’re rocking the social, so why not go that next level and let the media know about what you do and why?
From the great newspaper mastheads that have migrated online, to exciting new publications borne in the digital age – the role of media remains as relevant today as when dear old Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press and the age of mass communication was borne.
Providing independent media with information about your business or organisation can enable you to reach hundreds, thousands, and even millions of potential customers, investors, and stakeholders. While there is no guarantee your release, or the information it contains, will be published, it does make it more likely that your organisation will be taken into account when a journalist next writes about your sector or area of interest.
Getting into the habit of writing and distributing media releases provides several benefits, including:
- Your organisation is noticed by journalists covering your sector and area of interest.
- News releases provide fresh content for your website – on the home page, in the news section and repurposed as blogs posts.
- A release that is written with SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) in mind – but not to the detriment of readability – can promote your organisation in Google rankings.
- Writing a media release crystalises what you want to say about a new product, service, appointment, milestone, or event. Having distilled your message, you can re-use this content when reaching out to customers and stakeholders in other communications.
- As you begin to write more releases you will become better at identifying a news angle and deciding what is ‘newsworthy’ and what isn’t.
Find out how to kickstart your next marketing communications activity by downloading NewzEngine’s free whitepaper ‘8 steps to writing an effective media release NewzEngine’s free whitepaper ‘8 steps to writing an effective media release’.