- : BCI Central
- : 17/04/2023 00:01
The free report ranks the country’s top 50 builders by the total value of projects that commenced construction in 2022 within the commercial, community, industrial, legal and military, and multi-residential (3+ houses/units) sectors.
- New Zealand’s top 50 builders commenced construction on 488 projects in 2022, with the top 10 builders accounting for 167 of these projects.
- The top 50 builders’ total value of projects came in at $8.9 billion, with an average project value of $37.3 million.
- The top 10 firms commenced construction on just under $5.8-billion worth of projects in 2022, with an average project value of approximately $124.5 million.
- Only $2,000 separated the top two construction firms. Mansons TCLM’s three commercial projects secured them the top spot in the League.
“While 2022 saw restrictions lifted in most parts of NZ, the ripples of the pandemic continued to impact the construction industry. Shortages and severe cost increases in skilled labour and supplies caused project delays, cancellations and the collapse of numerous companies in the sector.
“Despite the mounting challenges, numerous new companies got their start and thousands of projects commenced construction across the country. NZ’s builders are persisting and adapting to meet the unwavering commercial and residential market demands”, Chief Data Officer, Michelle Aizenberg, said.
The Construction League report, researched from a variety of sources including BCI Central’s construction project database and direct submissions from construction companies, provides valuable insights into the state of the New Zealand building industry, the projects and businesses shaping our built environment.
The full report is available for download on the BCI Central website (https://www.bcicentral.com/download-the-bci-construction-league/).
About BCI Central
Established in 1998, BCI Central was founded to create efficiencies and enhance transparency in the intrinsically complex construction industry. BCI’s software solutions and related services achieve this while simultaneously enabling its clients to identify sales opportunities, make informed decisions and connect with key target markets. Today, BCI Central plays a crucial role in empowering businesses around the world with construction-centric tools to succeed.
- : Maddy Davies
- : Group Marketing Manager
- : email@example.com
- : 61402635591